Thank you for visiting www.imda.gov.sg. (the “Site”). By accessing and using any part of this Site (including any electronic application, payment or other service available from time to time on this Site), you shall be deemed to have accepted and agreed to be legally bound by these Terms & Conditions. If you do not agree to these Terms & Conditions, please do not use this Site.
2. These Terms & Conditions may be amended, modified or otherwise varied from time to time at the absolute discretion of the Info-communications Media Development Authority of Singapore. All changes will be posted on this page, and your use of this Site after such changes have been posted will constitute your agreement to the revised Terms & Conditions and all of the changes.
3. This Site is owned and operated by the Info-communications Media Development Authority of Singapore (IMDA), and the materials on this Site, including the information, trade and service marks and software programmes (the “Contents”) are owned by, licensed to or controlled by IMDA. You shall not copy or otherwise reproduce in any manner all or any part of this Site without our prior written approval.
4. If you are only browsing this Site, we do not capture data that allows us to identify you individually.
5. If you choose to make an application, payment or other electronic transaction or send us an e-mail for which you provide us with personally identifiable data, we may share necessary data with other Government agencies, so as to serve you in a most efficient and effective way, unless such sharing is prohibited by legislation. We will NOT share your personal data with non-Government entities, except where such entities have been authorised to carry out specific Government services.
6. For your convenience, we may also display to you data you had previously supplied us or other Government agencies. This will speed up the transaction and save you the trouble of repeating previous submissions. Should the data be out-of-date, please supply us the latest data. We will retain your personal data only as necessary for the effective delivery of public services to you.
7. To safeguard your personal data, all electronic storage and transmission of personal data are secured with appropriate security technologies.
8. This site may contain links to other sites whose data protection and privacy practices may differ from ours. We are not responsible for the contents and privacy practices of these other websites and shall not be liable for any damages or loss arising from access to those websites. Use of the hyper-links and access to such websites are entirely at your own risk.
Restrictions on use of Contents
9. Except as otherwise provided, the Contents of this Site shall not be reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted, communicated or otherwise distributed in any way, without the prior written permission of IMDA. To use the Contents of this Site or any part thereof, you must seek permission in writing, stating the Contents for use; intent of use; manner of use; time frame of use and identity of the user. IMDA reserves the right to refuse permission without stating any reason(s); and/or if information submitted by user is deemed insufficient.
10. Modification of any of the Contents or use of the Contents for any other purpose will be a violation of IMDA's copyright and other intellectual property rights. Graphics and images on this Site are protected by copyright and may not be reproduced or appropriated in any manner without written permission of IMDA and/or their respective copyright owners.
Disclaimer of Warranties and Liability
11. The Contents of this Site are provided on an "as is" basis without warranties of any kind. To the fullest extent permitted by law, we do not warrant and hereby disclaim any warranty:
(a) as to the accuracy, correctness, fullness, reliability, timeliness, title, merchantability, non-infringement or fitness for any particular purpose of the Contents of this Site;
(b) that the Contents available through this Site or any service or function associated therewith will be uninterrupted or error-free, or that defects will be corrected or that this Site and the server is and will be free of all viruses or other malicious, destructive or corrupting code, agent, programme or macros and/or other harmful elements.
12. We shall not be liable for any loss (direct or indirect) suffered by you or any third party arising from and in connection with the use of this Site including but not limited to any loss suffered as a result of your use or non-access thereof, of any electronic application, payment or other service (“Electronic Service”) available on this Site including but not limited to any damage or loss suffered as a result of reliance on the Contents contained or available from this Site, except where such loss is attributable to our gross negligence or wilful default. Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing, we shall not be liable for any inconvenience, loss, damage or injury suffered by you or any third party arising from or caused by:-
(a) our compliance with any instruction given or purported to be given by you in connection with any Electronic Service, notwithstanding that the integrity of the information comprised in such instruction may have been compromised or impaired during transmission, provided that such compromise or impairment would not have been apparent to a reasonable person receiving such instruction;
(b) your being deprived of the use of any Electronic Service as a consequence of any action by us; or
(c) any Electronic Service not being available due to system maintenance or breakdown/non-availability of any network; or
(d) any failure by us to perform any obligation or observe any part of these Terms & Conditions if such failure arises from a failure of, or any unauthorised and/or unlawful access to, any machine, data processing system or transmission link or any act of force majeure such as acts of God, war or warlike hostilities, civil commotions, riots, blockades, embargoes, sabotage, strikes, lock-outs, fire, flood, shortage of material or labour, delay in deliveries from sub-contractors, or any event outside our control; or
any equipment or software providers, any service provider, any net work providers (including but not limited to telecommunications providers, Internet browser providers and Internet access providers), or any agent or subcontractor of any of the foregoing.
13. Any downloading of data from any Electronic Service on this Site is done solely at your risk, and we will not be liable for the integrity or use of any data downloaded or any loss or damage as a result of reliance on the Contents contained is available from this Site in any way.
14. Neither we shall be responsible in any way for any direct, indirect, special or consequential, economic, financial, punitive or other damages arising in any way from the provision and/or use of any Electronic Service on this Site.
Use of Electronic Service
15. We may at any time determine or vary the frequency and manner of use of any Electronic Service on this Site. You agree that any computer output from this Electronic Service is admissible in court as evidence and is binding on us.
16. You shall be responsible for all transactions made by the use or purported use of any Electronic Service by any person, with or without your authority, knowledge or consent, and may not claim against us in respect of any such use or purported use.
17. You shall be responsible for printing or otherwise retaining records of your transactions made by the use of any Electronic Service on this Site. Such records shall be for your own reference only. In the event of any dispute arising from your use or purported use of any Electronic Service, our determination on the matter shall be conclusive against and binding on you.
Links from this Site to other Websites
18. This Site contains hyperlinks to websites which are not maintained by IMDA. IMDA is not responsible for the contents of those websites and shall not be liable for any damages or loss arising from use of and/or access to those websites. Use of the hyperlinks and access to such websites are entirely at your own risk.
19. Hyperlinks to other websites are provided as a convenience to you. In no circumstances shall IMDA be considered to be endorsing or verifying such websites, nor shall IMDA be considered to be associated or affiliated in whatever manner with any trade or service marks, logos, insignia or other devices used or appearing on websites to which this Site is linked.
Links to this Site from other Websites
20. Except as set forth below, caching and links to, and the framing of this Site or any of the Contents are prohibited.
21. Written permission must be secured from IMDA prior to hyperlinking to, or framing, this Site or any of the Contents, or engaging in similar activities. IMDA reserves the right to impose any terms and conditions when permitting any hyperlinking to, or framing of this Site and/or any of the Contents.
22. Your hyperlinking to, or your framing of this Site or any of the Contents constitute acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. This is deemed to be the case even after the posting of any changes or modifications to these Terms and Conditions. If you do not accept these Terms and Conditions, you must discontinue hyperlinking to, or framing of this Site or any of the Contents immediately.
23. Under no circumstance shall IMDA be considered to be endorsing or verifying the contents of such websites that hyperlink to this Site or any of the Contents, nor shall IMDA be considered to be associated or affiliated in whatever manner with any trade or service marks, logos, insignia or other devices used or appearing on websites that hyperlink to this Site or any of the Contents.
24. IMDA reserves all rights to disable any hyperlinks to, or frames of any website containing inappropriate, profane, defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent or unlawful topics, names, material or information, or material or information that violates any written law, any applicable intellectual property, proprietary, privacy or publicity rights.
25. IMDA reserves the right to disable any unauthorised hyperlinks or frames and disclaims any responsibility for the content available on any other website reached by hyperlinks to or from this Site or any of the Contents.
26. You will indemnify us against any liability, loss, damage, including solicitor and client costs and expenses (legal or otherwise) which we may sustain or incur, directly or indirectly, by reason of our having made available to you any Electronic Service or in acting upon any instructions which you may give in relation to any Electronic Service or any negligence, fraud and/or misconduct on your part or on the part of any agents or representatives of yours or your breach of these Terms & Conditions.
27. If any part of these Terms & Conditions is unlawful or unenforceable under any applicable law, it will, to the extent permitted by such law, be severed and rendered ineffective where possible without modifying the other parts of these Terms & Conditions.
28. These Terms & Conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with laws of the Republic of Singapore.